Migration Regulations 1994 – IMMI 16/076 [F2016L01412] – Specification of Fields of Education specifies fields of education for a person to meet the requirement for the award of a specialist education qualification.
Subregulation 2.26AC(5A) of the Regulations prescribes that a person meets the requirements for the award of a “specialist education qualification”, and is given the corresponding number of points in Schedule 6D, if the person satisfies the Minister that they have met the requirements for the award by an Australian educational institution of a masters degree by research or a doctoral degree where that degree included study for at least two academic years, and where the field of education is specified in legislative instrument. The following fields of education are specified in this instrument:
Natural and Physical Sciences:
- Biological Sciences;
- Chemical Sciences;
- Earth Sciences;
- Mathematical Sciences;
- Natural and Physical Sciences;
- Other Natural and Physical Sciences;
- Physics and Astronomy.
- Computer Science;
- Information Systems;
- Information Technology;
- Other Information Technology.
Engineering and Related Technologies:
- Aerospace Engineering and Technology;
- Civil Engineering;
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering and Technology;
- Engineering and Related Technologies;
- Geomatic Engineering; Manufacturing and Engineering Technology;
- Maritime and Engineering Technology;
- Mechanical and Industrial Engineering and Technology;
- Other Engineering and Related Technologies;
- Process and Resources Engineering.
This Instrument commenced on 10 September 2016